LIVE LIKE YOU'RE DYING
Tim McGraw
He said I was in my early forties, with a lot of life before me
And one moment came that stopped me on a dime
I spent most of the next days, looking at the x-rays
Talking bout' the options and talking bout' sweet times.
I asked him when it sank in, that this might really be the real end
How's it hit 'cha when you get that kind of news?
Man what did ya do?
He said
I went skydiving
I went rocky mountain
climbing
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin'
And he said some day I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin'
He said I was finally the husband, that most of the time I wasn't
And I became a friend, a friend would like to have
And all of a sudden goin' fishin, wasn't such an imposition
And I went three times that year I lost my dad
Well I finally read the good Book,
and I took a good long hard look
At what I'd do if I could do it all again
And then
Lived like I was dying
Like tomorrow was the end
And ya got eternity to
think about what to do with it
What should you do with it
What can I do
with it
What would I do with it.
What would life be like if we lived like we were dying? Lived like today was the last day to tell everyone that we loved that we loved them, like it was the last day to forgive all our grudges, to share God's love with one more person. What if today was the last day that we had to get right with God, to live our lives fully for him, would we still waste time. What if we just slowed down and lived life to the fullest, enjoying the people and things God gave to us, if we knew we'd die tomorrow? Would we love deeper, laugh louder, dance longer, watch our words more carefully,
smile oftener (after all a smile is one of the only free things left in this world, isn't it selfish not to give away more of them?), forgive quicker and serve God better?I've been thinking about this lately, I don't know if tomorrow's my last day, what if I die tonight, will I live for 20-50 more years? I want to figure out now what God's plan is for me, I want to live like today's my last day and live life to the fullest! I don't want to look back on yesterday and have more regrets than satisfaction... I don't want to get to the end of my life and realize it's wasted! I wanna 'live like I'm dying'!


Good thoughts!
ReplyDeleteMe too....! Thanks for those beautiful thoughts!
ReplyDeletethat's so amzin
ReplyDelete