I uploaded most of my pictures onto Picasa Web Album and then from there uploaded the ones I wanted onto my blog, so they're really in no particular order. They're all mixed up as far as date and place go. But anyhow, here they are.
 |
| Sarah and I went to use the bathrooms at Enger Tower and came upon this little chipmunk just outside the building. He seemed pretty unafraid. |
 |
| This picture was taken at Iona's Beach. |
 |
| View from Enger Tower |
 |
| Ruth, throwing pebbles at Iona's beach. |
 |
| Pudding cones and Ritz crackers at Kitchi Gammi Park along the shore. |
 |
| The trading post in Grand Marais we go to every year. |
A mallard duck on the beach outside the Grand Marais, trading post.
 |
!tres de mis hermanas y mi mamá fantástica impresionante!
(Three of my fantastic sisters and my awesome mom! =) |
 |
| Ruth being goofy! |
 |
| At Kitchi Gammi Park the girls were having fun with the waves. |
 |
| Sarah and I walked down to a 'beach' about a block from the trading post in Grand Marais, the waves were really crashing! |
 |
| Ruth at Kitchi Gammi Park |
 |
Mary, testing the waters at Split Rock Park.
She had stepped on a rusty nail and her foot was bandaged so she couldn't take both shoes off. |
 |
| Oh! It's COLD! =) |
 |
| The seagulls congregating on the rocks at Kitchi Gammi Park. |
 |
| Mary, one shoe on, one shoe off! =) |
 |
| Ruth and John building a terrarium at Kitchi Gammi Park. |
 |
| My beautiful sis at Enger tower. =) |
 |
| I love her smile! <3 |
 |
| View from Enger Tower |
 |
| One of the few decent pictures she let me get. =) I love you miss Ruth! <3 |
 |
| Feeding the ducks (and gulls) at the trading post in Grand Marais. |
 |
| The lift bridge in Duluth again. |
 |
| Another picture from Enger Tower. |
 |
| Split Rock Park. Who needs shoes anyway?! =P |
 |
| Little mountain goat! Climbing at Split Rock park. |
 |
This was in the parking lot at Enger Tower and Sarah was like,
"It looks like someone wrapped it up like a present!"
So I had to get a picture of it to add to my great amount of other random pics. =) |
 |
| Aww... isn't he a lil' charmer?! |
 |
| Iona's Beach again. It was really beautiful there. |
 |
| 4 bumps on a log! =P |
 |
Rocks, rocks rocks! There is no lack of rocks on the North Shore!
I've never really thought of rocks as 'beautiful' but the North Shore sure is! |
 |
| I think this was at Gooseberry Falls |
 |
| Again Gooseberry Falls. Random perspective. |
 |
| Ruth and Mary at Split Rock. |
 |
| Dumpster diver! =P |
 |
Oooh! I've found a treasure! ;)
(she didn't really find anything that she kept, she was just being silly. =) |
 |
| <3 Sisters <3 |
 |
| Split Rock Lighthouse. |
 |
| Why wear your shoes when you could carry them? |
 |
| I love driftwood! =) |
 |
I had an obsession with these berries!
But when I got close up pics they were either blurry or discolored. |
 |
| And this stairs, I think at Cascade Falls. |
 |
| The falls, they're pretty amazing! |
 |
| John throwing rocks at Split Rock. |
 |
| Cascade Falls. |
 |
| I thought this looked cool. |
 |
| And a perfect place to sit! =) |
 |
Sharing secrets.
Best friends, worst enemies! |
 |
It's an outhouse! Yay!
These are the norm at most of the parks,
it's a great luxury to come to a park that actually has FLUSH TOILETS!! =P |
 |
| My obsession with this perspective is probably obvious by now! =P |
 |
| Friends forever! =) |
 |
| Yay! Bathrooms! ... it turned out to be an outhouse! =/ |
 |
| Lizzy trying to cut tomatoes for the sandwiches with a plastic knife! |
 |
| And of course succeeding! =) |
 |
| The sunset over Lake Superior was amazing! |
 |
| Flush toilets!!! |
 |
And WARM running water!!! Oh the luxury of it! =)
I've come to appreciate indoor plumbing, running water and electricity after this camping trip! =) |
 |
The room at the cabin that Sarah and I shared,
this is about how much space there was,
there was a little at the end of the bed too but that's about it.
It was small but not cramped. |
 |
There was an over abundance of flies!
some mornings I'd wake up and think it was raining, it was just the flies! |
 |
| Mom cooking on the wood stove at the cabin. |
 |
| The doll Ruth made out of clay she found near the cabin. |
 |
| Cooking over the wood stove. It was almost impossible to start at times and then the heat would fluctuate, cooking was difficult at times but the food always tasted good! =) |
 |
| Listening to Lizzy read while waiting for the food to cook. |
 |
Mom and Sarah painting.
These are just a few of the better of the hundreds of pictures I took on our trip. The North Shore was amazingly beautiful, cold but beautiful! =) We got to spend lots of time on the beaches, it was great!
I'm glad to be home though and am looking forwards to this week and finally starting school! =)
Mom said 'Vacation is to make you appreciate home!' it definitely gave me an appreciation for my own bed and home!! =) But I did enjoy myself! And the family time was great! =) |
No comments:
Post a Comment