Thank God for sisters! What fun would life be without them? They get you into trouble, warn you of trouble and help you out of trouble! :-)
While Lizzy, Rachael and I were doing the supper dishes, Sarah came into the kitchen complaining that she was hungry. I suggested half of a baked potato sitting on the counter, no, she wasn't hungry for that, what she really wanted was, 'Swedish pancakes maybe?'
"I could make you some." I took the hint.
"Do you think you have time?" Sarah wondered hopefully.
"Sure."
So while helping Lizzy by emptying the dish rack when needed, I mixed up some Swedish pancakes
and set a pan on the stove to heat.
After frying several I went to put a little more butter in the pan and I set it on the counter. Suddenly Rachael hurried across the kitchen, "Annie! Annie!" she exclaimed, she reached me and pulled a plastic bag away from the pan, I looked at her, and the hole in the bag, and the bottom of the pan, and burst out laughing.
Rachael didn't find it quite so funny but she sweetly laughed along with me, or at me as the case may have been.
Then Lizzy sweetly washed the bottom of the pan for me so I could fry the rest of the batter.
It takes a blond brain to miss this warning. ^ lol
Sarah enjoying one of the pancakes.
plate of pancakes, spatula and melted bag.
Tonight wasn't exactly my night, but I had fun with my sisters and got a few good laughs out of it! :-)
Wow!! The things I miss when I'm on date night.... maybe I should stay home and help with the dishes before we start our date.
ReplyDelete