Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Who says natural disasters don't happen in Minnesota?

This afternoon, Sarah discovered that water was seeping in under our bedroom door from a big puddle outside, all the melting snow from on the hill had run down and pooled right outside our door, eventually getting high enough to run into our room.

 

 
The 'mini pond' outside our door
 
We used towels and squeezed the water into this bucket
Ruthie was a trooper and helped clean up a lot of the mess

 


 

 

The hill that the melting snow ran off from to form the puddle at the bottom

And again our 'pond' 

Squeezing water into the bucket

Mary wringing out the half a dozen or more towels that we had already soaked, attempting to clean up the mess in the beginning.
I guess Ruthie thought it'd be fun to go for a swim! =] brr!!

Helping Mary wring the water out of the towels

Mom and I tried to get a channel going to empty the puddle in front of our door but we didn't exactly succeed, here mom's again attempting to do something about draining the water. 
 
 
 A blister from chopping the channel. =]
Our floor still is wet and anything that could possibly get ruined is put up higher than ground level, we've got three mattresses from my bed stacked on the opposite end of the floor, at least two of them are soaked, hopefully they dry out soon, we got a little water in our closet and there's water under the piano and dresser and where my bed was, but thankfully we've got a tile floor and not carpet! Tonight, Sarah and I are sleeping upstairs and hopefully we can finish cleaning up the mess tomorrow or Thursday.



M&M cookies for KEY
This evening after doing the dishes, I made cookies to bring along to KEY tomorrow. I'm looking forwards to that, especially PE! Helping out with the kids in mom's class and painting with mom are always fun too, and I'm learning to enjoy choir.
The dough is so yummy!!

 
Dad had 'hidden the M&M's in safe place,' until mom found them! =)

 
Ready to go into the oven.

The finished product! =P


1 comment:

  1. I guess it's better to laugh than cry... Hope the snow is soon done melting and we can get your room dried out and usable again. I appreciate your good attitude about it. I didn't know you had a blister!... Are you using salve on it? You don't want to get an infection... The cookies look as good as they tasted... Lots of love! Mom

    ReplyDelete