When the seconds ticked down nearing the first midnight of 2014 I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to make any resolutions for the new year. I never keep them past January anyways and so I just set myself up for failure and I did enough failing in 2013. But the more I thought about it the more I realized I don't need to make any world shaking goals for myself but if I make no goals I won't get far. So instead of resolving to lose weight or get my diploma and a degree my goals for this year are not to 'lose so many pounds' but to eat healthy and to exercise more. Not just to quit smoking and drinking but to take care of my body. Not to be brilliant and say i have a college degree but to stick to what i started and to finish well.
I've been trying to prove myself to the world trying so hard not to disappoint anyone not realizing I have nothing to prove. The people that matter accept and love me how I am.
This year Im resolving to accept myself make small goals and work on the little things one at a time until I'm where I want to be.
Did you make any new year resolutions yesterday?
[He will] bestow on [those who mourn] a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. - Isaiah 61:3 NIV (paraphrased)
Thursday, January 2, 2014
Resolve
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's kind of how I feel, too - not really up to making some resolution I'll probably fail at within a week, but wanting to make some slow steady progress in the right direction. You are loved!! Mom
ReplyDelete