Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pencil Sketches

     So my dear friend Cherish gave me a set of drawing pencils for my birthday in June, I haven't had a lot of chances to use them yet, but I've thoroughly enjoyed them when I did! =) The following drawings I finished the first yesterday and sketched the second tonight in about an hour and a half or so. I love drawing, not gonna say it's my strongest point but hey practice makes perfect, and as embarrassing as it is, I like looking back at my old sketchbooks cuz even from one drawing to the next I can see major improvement. So, thank you Cherish for the pencils and thank you Mom, Sarah and Rachael, (all three awesome artists=) for the hints and tips and critiquing you've shared...


These pictures are from my cellphone and really not the best quality.
Rachael claimed this Muslim sketch for her office. =)

She's a little distorted here, but, I was bored and looking through my sketch book,
got inspired by a particular picture I made this spring/summer and thus the result...

      I'd have to say my favorite art medium that I've tried so far is most likely pencil, though I also enjoy acrylics and colored pencil. What's your favorite? 

6 comments:

  1. Great work! People are one of the hardest to capture and you do a great job! I like the happy, open expression on the girl's face in the second drawing. She reminds me of Jessica. You are definitely improving by leaps and bounds. Keep up the good work. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't hardly feel I can do people so you are ahead of me! Awesome work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work!! those two pictures are amazing i like the muslim womans down cast eyes, they're both AMAZING!! keep up the good work! Happy drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet!!! You wayyyy better than I'll ever be!! ~Lavina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said Lavina, lots of practice! :) I don't know if I've seen any of ur drawings yet?

      Delete