Well... Thanksgiving was lovely! Lots of time with the cousins and family. Emily and Kalli came Wednesday night, (after I passed my written test. Yes I have my permit now and I'm so happy! Finally!:)) They were here until Friday evening. Met Cody's girlfriend Gabby, she was a lot of fun, also Mom's uncle Eldon came. Auntie Joan and her family didn't come and neither did Dan and the kids.
Friday we went out to Auntie Joan's then, in Fosston. Played Catch Phrase, a tradition in our family on Thanksgiving, had some good laughs and 'healthy' competition.;) Yes we're all very competitive!=P
The rest of the weekend was uneventful, Monday evening, Cherish came to stay for the week, and all of us girls went into Walmart, I drove, Lizzy was my 'instructor' and I gotta say she is a very good instructor. =)
Tuesday night we had to clean and so I drove again and Sarah rode along, before we left, when she found out that I was going to be driving she joked "I better take my heart attack pills." Then later at some point when apologizing for some mistake to her, she assured me, "Don't worry I'm fine, it's a good thing I took those heart attack pills!" Yes we've gotten some good laughs about my driving errors already and I do enjoy it though I was a little intimidated by the new challenge at first.
Last night I found out that Mom and Dad and Aaron were going to Hibbing early this morning for another court hearing for Dan to do with the custody of his children and I asked to go along, despite the fact that it was going to be 6:30 or so when we left, I went to bed around midnight but didn't sleep until closer to one and then around 3 I started waking up from horror dreams about driving. My alarm clock rang at 5 and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off, yes majorly dysfunctional at that time of day. Mom woke me up a little after 6 and I forced myself out of bed, blurry eyed and fluffy hair, grabbed my clothes and took a deliciously warm shower. Then with hair still wet went out and joined the others in the frigid half dark morning air as they tried to decide whether to take Aaron's or Mom's car, we ended up, Mom, Sarah and I crammed in the back seat of Aaron's car and the heater was having issues so the 1-1/2 to Hibbing was a bit cold. The court hearing, we will skip... Afterwards we went over to Dan and his girlfriend Sarah's place and Aaron and Dad helped move some furniture before we went out to Hardee's for some food. Aaron rode with Dan and his girlfriend and let dad drive his car, I offered to drive, but apparently, despite my convincing him that I was a 'good driver, even ask Lizzy.' He didn't seem too eager to let me drive. (Not like I blame him!;)
Sarah and I got plain double cheeseburgers and when Aaron came over with a Mushroom and Swiss burger, I have to admit we kinda lusted after it. Aaron, seeing this and being the selfless brother he is, he gave it to Sarah in trade for her cheeseburger, and Sarah, as I told them, NEVER passes up food! Especially not junk food! (I love you Sarah!=P) It was good to sit and talk and get to know Danny's girlfriend, just a little, she seems reserved but really nice too and Danny seems to love her. The ride home was warmer, we figured out the heater. It was more pleasant.
Cell groups is at our place tonight, Cherish and I will go out for supper. Such a filled day, but it's good.
My charge cord died... again. Dad already fixed it once, he's going to try and fix it again but until then, my phone is almost dead so I've been living without it since last night =( I get attached to things too fast.=P
I woke up Sunday morning with a miserable head cold, it's all in my sinuses, I'm feeling a little better but it's gone from headaches and my jaw being locked and toothaches and even my nose aching, to a sore throat and now a bad cough. They told me to take Grapefruit Seed Extract... well this stuff is miserable stuff, worse than Vodka with no chaser and that stuff is awful! I took it in maybe an inch of apple juice thinking that the less I mixed it with the less to down, BAD MISTAKE! It BURNED! And I could taste it for a long time, grossest stuff ever, almost made me puke! Took lots of Vitamin D and C too and took Grapefruit Seed Extract twice more, it took me awhile to get the courage to drink it the second time, but it was in 3/4 of a glass of grape juice and I could hardly taste it. I've decided that's the only way to go if you're going to take something so awful!
Monday night I died my hair. Dark brown. I love it! It's shocking at first but it pulls out the blue in my eyes and some of the hair didn't get as dark as other parts so it's really highlighted, I told mom it looks like Rolos... caramel and chocolate! =) I came into the kitchen at noon, having been sleeping in and being woke by Aaron's voice. Him and dad were at the counter, backs to me, and without really looking at me asked Dad, "Who's that?" and Dad, "I don't know." Then I tried to talk and my voice due to my cold was totally awful and unrecognizable. I'd completely metamorphosised over night! =P
And it looks like I've turned into quite the long winded blogger... guess I just am long winded either way... but anyways, I'll close this with a picture of --
Friday we went out to Auntie Joan's then, in Fosston. Played Catch Phrase, a tradition in our family on Thanksgiving, had some good laughs and 'healthy' competition.;) Yes we're all very competitive!=P
The rest of the weekend was uneventful, Monday evening, Cherish came to stay for the week, and all of us girls went into Walmart, I drove, Lizzy was my 'instructor' and I gotta say she is a very good instructor. =)
Tuesday night we had to clean and so I drove again and Sarah rode along, before we left, when she found out that I was going to be driving she joked "I better take my heart attack pills." Then later at some point when apologizing for some mistake to her, she assured me, "Don't worry I'm fine, it's a good thing I took those heart attack pills!" Yes we've gotten some good laughs about my driving errors already and I do enjoy it though I was a little intimidated by the new challenge at first.
Last night I found out that Mom and Dad and Aaron were going to Hibbing early this morning for another court hearing for Dan to do with the custody of his children and I asked to go along, despite the fact that it was going to be 6:30 or so when we left, I went to bed around midnight but didn't sleep until closer to one and then around 3 I started waking up from horror dreams about driving. My alarm clock rang at 5 and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off, yes majorly dysfunctional at that time of day. Mom woke me up a little after 6 and I forced myself out of bed, blurry eyed and fluffy hair, grabbed my clothes and took a deliciously warm shower. Then with hair still wet went out and joined the others in the frigid half dark morning air as they tried to decide whether to take Aaron's or Mom's car, we ended up, Mom, Sarah and I crammed in the back seat of Aaron's car and the heater was having issues so the 1-1/2 to Hibbing was a bit cold. The court hearing, we will skip... Afterwards we went over to Dan and his girlfriend Sarah's place and Aaron and Dad helped move some furniture before we went out to Hardee's for some food. Aaron rode with Dan and his girlfriend and let dad drive his car, I offered to drive, but apparently, despite my convincing him that I was a 'good driver, even ask Lizzy.' He didn't seem too eager to let me drive. (Not like I blame him!;)
Sarah and I got plain double cheeseburgers and when Aaron came over with a Mushroom and Swiss burger, I have to admit we kinda lusted after it. Aaron, seeing this and being the selfless brother he is, he gave it to Sarah in trade for her cheeseburger, and Sarah, as I told them, NEVER passes up food! Especially not junk food! (I love you Sarah!=P) It was good to sit and talk and get to know Danny's girlfriend, just a little, she seems reserved but really nice too and Danny seems to love her. The ride home was warmer, we figured out the heater. It was more pleasant.
Cell groups is at our place tonight, Cherish and I will go out for supper. Such a filled day, but it's good.
My charge cord died... again. Dad already fixed it once, he's going to try and fix it again but until then, my phone is almost dead so I've been living without it since last night =( I get attached to things too fast.=P
I woke up Sunday morning with a miserable head cold, it's all in my sinuses, I'm feeling a little better but it's gone from headaches and my jaw being locked and toothaches and even my nose aching, to a sore throat and now a bad cough. They told me to take Grapefruit Seed Extract... well this stuff is miserable stuff, worse than Vodka with no chaser and that stuff is awful! I took it in maybe an inch of apple juice thinking that the less I mixed it with the less to down, BAD MISTAKE! It BURNED! And I could taste it for a long time, grossest stuff ever, almost made me puke! Took lots of Vitamin D and C too and took Grapefruit Seed Extract twice more, it took me awhile to get the courage to drink it the second time, but it was in 3/4 of a glass of grape juice and I could hardly taste it. I've decided that's the only way to go if you're going to take something so awful!
Monday night I died my hair. Dark brown. I love it! It's shocking at first but it pulls out the blue in my eyes and some of the hair didn't get as dark as other parts so it's really highlighted, I told mom it looks like Rolos... caramel and chocolate! =) I came into the kitchen at noon, having been sleeping in and being woke by Aaron's voice. Him and dad were at the counter, backs to me, and without really looking at me asked Dad, "Who's that?" and Dad, "I don't know." Then I tried to talk and my voice due to my cold was totally awful and unrecognizable. I'd completely metamorphosised over night! =P
And it looks like I've turned into quite the long winded blogger... guess I just am long winded either way... but anyways, I'll close this with a picture of --
| My hair!=) |
No comments:
Post a Comment