In opening, I have to say that you must be truly Minnesotan to want Ice cream when it's below 25*F outside and there's however much snow, and to take a chance to go out on those slippery freezing roads to get that Ice cream... Also, thank God for angels! =)
As I mentioned in my earlier post, Cherish invited me out for supper. Well Aaron, on his way back to Blackduck, was at Walmart and his battery died, so Dad went over to jump start his car. Well when Cherish and I go out around 5:45 to head into town, Carrie (who came to pick up Aaron since his starter went kaput) told us we can move her car if it's a problem parked right behind Mom's car. That wasn't the problem though, the car wouldn't start. The battery was dead. So Aaron was a hero and came out and jump started it then told us we would have to leave it running while we were doing whatever we were doing or it wouldn't start again. We asked if there was an alternative, the alternative was eating supper with the family will the car battery charged. Which wasn't so bad, we agreed we would go out for desert afterwards coffee or Ice cream. Lizzy had made her famous french fries anyways so it wasn't too bad. Supper was pretty epic, a lot of laughing and de-stressing and being a family, if you get my meaning. ;)
Finally, close to 7, Aaron once again came out with us and made sure the car would start, moved Carrie's car and we were on our way.
"Well where to?" Cherish inquired.
"I don't know, wherever you want." I'm so indecisive. And then I go into a random pros and cons of the coffee houses I can think of in Bemidji, we decided on Snowdrifts at Caribou.
Well ends up a Snowdrift and a Mocha. Mint and Milk Chocolate Snowdrift... Amazing! And the Milk Chocolate Mocha... I love coffee!! So we find a table, we're almost the only ones in the coffee shop besides two workers and an occasional customer, so it's nice and quiet for our talk... ranging from our coffee to emotional and family issues and then politics. DEATH! lol Right in the middle of our political discussion, a short brunette, middle aged woman pops in,
"Someone with a dark blue sedan has there lights on."
"Ahh, it's not a Sedan we've got a Buick -"
"Yeah well, I don't know, that's probably it. The lights have been on for quite awhile."
"Oh no! The keys!" Cherish and I look at each other. She goes out to check and comes in a few minutes later,
"Not a peep! It didn't do anything!" Great. Now what?! So the lady that came in works at the salon right next door, her husband is coming in a few minutes and he said he'd give us a jump start, well thank God that the barista at Caribou had jumper cables in her car and that she was sweet enough to let us use them. The man who opened the salon next to Caribou just recently, helped us start our car and we very gratefully left the parking lot. I hope we will double check the lights before leaving our car on a winter night... or any night for that matter.
In the middle of it all, before we got the jump start, I looked over at Cherish,
"Laugh Cherish, it will make it better!" She didn't really seem too enthused about that idea, but she was a good sport and laughed anyways and I laughed and it made me feel better, I don't know about her.
We got home safely, have a good story, learned a lesson good, had a good laugh... And I had something new to blog about... an adventure... jumper cables and Minnesota winters... =)
As I mentioned in my earlier post, Cherish invited me out for supper. Well Aaron, on his way back to Blackduck, was at Walmart and his battery died, so Dad went over to jump start his car. Well when Cherish and I go out around 5:45 to head into town, Carrie (who came to pick up Aaron since his starter went kaput) told us we can move her car if it's a problem parked right behind Mom's car. That wasn't the problem though, the car wouldn't start. The battery was dead. So Aaron was a hero and came out and jump started it then told us we would have to leave it running while we were doing whatever we were doing or it wouldn't start again. We asked if there was an alternative, the alternative was eating supper with the family will the car battery charged. Which wasn't so bad, we agreed we would go out for desert afterwards coffee or Ice cream. Lizzy had made her famous french fries anyways so it wasn't too bad. Supper was pretty epic, a lot of laughing and de-stressing and being a family, if you get my meaning. ;)
Finally, close to 7, Aaron once again came out with us and made sure the car would start, moved Carrie's car and we were on our way.
"Well where to?" Cherish inquired.
"I don't know, wherever you want." I'm so indecisive. And then I go into a random pros and cons of the coffee houses I can think of in Bemidji, we decided on Snowdrifts at Caribou.
Well ends up a Snowdrift and a Mocha. Mint and Milk Chocolate Snowdrift... Amazing! And the Milk Chocolate Mocha... I love coffee!! So we find a table, we're almost the only ones in the coffee shop besides two workers and an occasional customer, so it's nice and quiet for our talk... ranging from our coffee to emotional and family issues and then politics. DEATH! lol Right in the middle of our political discussion, a short brunette, middle aged woman pops in,
"Someone with a dark blue sedan has there lights on."
"Ahh, it's not a Sedan we've got a Buick -"
"Yeah well, I don't know, that's probably it. The lights have been on for quite awhile."
"Oh no! The keys!" Cherish and I look at each other. She goes out to check and comes in a few minutes later,
"Not a peep! It didn't do anything!" Great. Now what?! So the lady that came in works at the salon right next door, her husband is coming in a few minutes and he said he'd give us a jump start, well thank God that the barista at Caribou had jumper cables in her car and that she was sweet enough to let us use them. The man who opened the salon next to Caribou just recently, helped us start our car and we very gratefully left the parking lot. I hope we will double check the lights before leaving our car on a winter night... or any night for that matter.
In the middle of it all, before we got the jump start, I looked over at Cherish,
"Laugh Cherish, it will make it better!" She didn't really seem too enthused about that idea, but she was a good sport and laughed anyways and I laughed and it made me feel better, I don't know about her.
We got home safely, have a good story, learned a lesson good, had a good laugh... And I had something new to blog about... an adventure... jumper cables and Minnesota winters... =)
:-) Poor you!!! ~Lavina
ReplyDeletelol Ikr?! It was quite the experience:)
DeleteI'm way late to the party on this one, but I can totally relate. My '97 Range Rover has a pathetic battery. If I leave the lights on for 5 minutes after turning the car off, the battery will die and I can either spend 10 minutes finding someone to jump it or, wait 10 minutes and it'll decide to start. We have an old slogan for that. "You might be a redneck if you carry jumper cables in your car, FOR your own car." :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Lissa!! Haven't heard from you in a while! How you been? lol Yes car batteries dying suck!
Delete