Well, well, life has been great, busy, but wonderful I suppose. :) The last three weeks I've had drivers ed. Today was the last day, I loved my classmates... yes somedays, I got in the car when Mom or Rachael came to pick me up and just started ranting about how much they were getting on my nerves... there were 5 boys and maybe 7 or 8 girls.The guys could get so loud and obnoxious and surprisingly some of the girls did too!
The first friend I made was Kevin. 10th grade, 16 like me. Sat across the room from me and walked out to our waiting rides after class each day. Kevin made it clear from the start that he intended to be the class clown. He was obnoxious, redneck, had a story for everything, but Kevin's one of those people that can laugh at himself, he doesn't really fit in but he's okay with who he is and pretty confident in that. I think he's just a normal teenage boy looking for attention in any way he can find and being 'class clown' got him that. We had class Monday through Thursday last week and then this week Monday and today was the last day. Yesterday when I walked into class the only kids there yet were Kevin and Nick and maybe a couple of the girls.
"Hey Anna! What's up?" Normal greeting.
"Hey Kevin!" I toss my blue folder full of drivers ed materials onto my desk, third back from the door and pull out my chair (Whoever created those chairs and desks... I'd love to get my chiropractor Dr. Woggan to give them a good hard talking to... they SUCK! lol) and seat myself.
"Guess what?" I turn back to Kevin,
"What?"
"I got a girlfriend!" His face is lit up by a giddy smile.
"She's from West Virginia!" Nick smirks.
"Really?" I ask, intrigued, Internet girlfriend? Was he there once? How did this happen?
"Well, yeah." Kevin seems a little hesitant and embarrassed by the announcement that his relationship is a long distance one.
"Cool. How'd you meet her?"
"She's Big Al's, girlfriend's, niece."
"Ahh I see! Cool! What's her name?" We've all heard stories about Big Al, Kevin's equally redneck buddy, who is apparently a good deal older then Kevin though I'm not sure how much.
"Yeah, her name is Katie Thorn." Later as we're walking outside I ask Kevin if he has a picture of her, of course his wall paper is her. =P She's pretty, blond, glasses, guess she loves hunting, fishing, mudding, Fords, Semis and big trucks as much as he does, even at 15. Sounds like a perfect match! I'm happy for him. Kevin is a great sport and I really enjoyed getting to know him a little bit.
Nick, little freshman blondie, 15 in December, you can definitely tell, loud and obnoxious and doesn't listen well! Got yelled at a lot for not paying attention, listening 'like a box of rocks'... (Okay Lisa doesn't yell she has the patience of a saint.) I didn't really talk to Nick much, he sat in the row of desks between Kevin's on the far side and mine by the door, right in the middle of the class room next to Manny. Nick annoyed me, quite honestly I'd get out to the car and say 'Oh my gosh Nick is so immature and annoying!' but the last two days I did talk to him a little and I realized I judged him a bit soon, he could be a lot of fun, just a normal attention whoring boy looking for acceptance I suppose.
Manny. 17 in December, another one of the boys I'd rant about. Too full of himself, cocky, loud, annoying... Okay he reminded me of Peter. He had this flip side, in control, a leader, mature, and really sweet and cool if he wanted to be. He and his sister Alisha were kind of the life of the class, 'teacher's pet's' of sorts... somehow they previously knew Lisa I think.
Alisha, I'm not sure how old she was, she must have been 16. Her birthday was last Monday and she brought cake. Alisha is the type of girl that's just like 'I'm me and if you don't like that, suck it!' didn't dress up or even wear that much make up if any. She was pretty funny. I really didn't like her at first, she's the time that's kinda a flirt and just too loud and out there and opinionated, but then I realized that I kinda did like her, she was pretty cool. The kind of person who doesn't mind trying new things and messing up, just kinda go with it, loosen up and live life, have fun. Realized watching her (and after some 'joking' comments from some dear people) that I really need to learn how to let myself have fun and just go with it!
Sheridan, long brown hair, big brown eyes, a cute face, that modest look that just screams 'homeschooler'. We didn't make friends until second week I think? Maybe third, but boy that girl can talk like nothing else. She's interesting too, not the type that just talks about nothing, or people... idle talk. She actually has things to talk about and a great imagination! Her family is Lutheran. She's your typical 'sheltered', fairly innocent homeschooler at 15, super sweet and funny. She sat in front of me. She loves reading. One day we discussed books with Lauren and Athena the two girls in the first row in front of Sheridan. Sheridan also writes. She let me read one of her stories she's working on, today and I loved it, definitely got talent. Great word usage, descriptions and very intriguing story line. We exchanged email addresses so we could keep in contact.
Lauren, extremely thin, short blond hair and a really sweet face was 14, and Athena a Native looking girl was 15. Besides the discussion about books...mainly Twilight and different TV shows, I didn't really talk to either of them but they seemed pretty cool.
In the last row on my side of the room, Sammi, almost 18 and pretty quiet and another tall, thin, blond girl (I didn't catch her name) who was 14 or 15 from Trek North shared a desk. The blond girl had a lot of smart comments for people, quite strong, she made me laugh. I wish I could have gotten to know more of the kids from my class 'cause a lot of them seemed like really cool and fun people.
On the far side across from me in the front row a red head girl who stayed mostly to herself except I saw her talk to Noah a few times and the girl who shared her desk, looked like a foreign exchange student or something.
Noah sat behind those two and in front of Kevin. He wasn't part of the main group of guys that almost made us lose our grand finale pizza party, but he would join in sometimes. I hardly talked to him, except in the end, another blond (Seriously I think my class was half blond! :-o) he was a little quieter but he still added his piece every now and then. He was 15 but looked and acted a little more mature.
I already covered Kevin, and in the two desks behind him sat a tall dark haired girl. Another red head chick and a girl with long curly light brown hair sat behind her. Those three could get pretty rowdy, almost as bad as Kevin, Nick and Manny. I think the two in the back were Maddison and Megan or something, not sure what the tall girls name was.
There were a few kids in and out making up a day they'd missed when their class was going, and another tall skinny blond kid who wasn't there the whole time, not sure what his name was. But those are the students...
Lisa deserves a gold star for being such an amazing teacher! She's funny, smart, patient, and really great at dealing with all the kids, and yeah being one of the kids too. =) One of the days she sat in the empty chair at my desk and was looking through a Medical Dictionary on my desk with some pretty graphic disgusting pictures of medical conditions and etc, (We were in some medical career room or something) got to talk to her for a while. She jumps at a picture of a spider... guess she REALLY hates them! =P Made me laugh. She definitely knows how to have fun and make class fun. Thank you Lisa for putting up with us all!! <3
More than learning about the laws and safety and techniques of driving and the road - I learned that you can really hate someone, sitting back and judging from their appearance, or just writing them off, that if you took the time to even have one decent conversation with you could really get to like!
So tomorrow I get to go in and take my written test, crossing my fingers that I'll pass it, I got 14 of 120 questions wrong on the final test in class so I'm not too scared I guess. And if I do pass the written test tomorrow, I'll get my permit so I'm pretty psyched. FINALLY! =)
Thursday I woke up at around 1 or something, yes in the afternoon, I'd been up a good portion of the night, Cherish Brown and I had made plans earlier in the week to go out for coffee that day since her mom was coming into town. I totally forgot about those plans, so Rachael came in and woke me up like
"Hey you have company."
"Oh my gosh I forgot all about that!" I had drivers ed at 3:15. So Cherish and I went in to Raphael's Cafe and Bakery for lunch, we had some coupons that expired that day so we used that and got lunch half price. After that we walked over to Cantabria for coffee. Had a great time with her.
Friday was Cjay's cousin, Mariah's birthday party, she's five now. Gosh, I love those children, Maria 7, Mariah 5, and Mason 2. Cutest kids ever! =) Angel drove me, and Maria not really paying attention runs over and gives her a hug like,
"Anna!" and ran back to whatever she was doing. Angel just stood there kinda awkward,
"I don't know you but, thank you." The adults all laughed and later when she realized she'd hugged the wrong person, Maria's like "Ahh you tricked me!" Needless to say, I had a very good Friday, between shopping with Angel and spending time with those children.
Today Jessica Smith, a second cousin on my mom's side who I haven't seen in at least four years, stopped in. It was really good to see her again! It wasn't very long, 1 - 3 because I had drivers ed, but we went out for coffee at Starbucks and then she dropped me off at the High School.
Tomorrow I have a feeling will be full of cleaning the house until it shines (okay not that dramatic) and baking and baking and baking some more. I'm usually in charge of pies and we usually a LOT! So we'll see what interesting varieties I can find this year, last year I made Banana and Coconut Creme, Lemon Meringue, this delicious peanut butter and the traditional, probably apple and Lizzy made her amazing pumpkin pie. I'll probably repeat most of those if not all again this year. =) Also besides cleaning and baking, Emily and Kalli will be coming tomorrow night and I can't wait to see them! Maybe I'll post some pictures of the whole holiday prep and celebration, no promises, only if I get my camera out and feel like it. =)
Thursday is Thanksgiving! We're counting on a pretty full house again this year, not, maybe, as full as some other years, minus a few people, plus a few people. My favorite Holiday besides Christmas and New Years... Okay that's like half the holidays but Thanksgiving really is probably nearly my favorite.
What are you all thankful for this year? What are your special family traditions or foods or plans for this year? Anything you're especially looking forwards to?
I've gotta say I'm thankful for the fact that I'm still breathing, by God's grace I have survived another day, week, month, year... I'm thankful for the friends that I have currently, for my sweet boyfriend, my family, all of my relationships, for the lessons life has taught me this year, and for the fact that I'm still here. This year has been a rough one but it's been a good one and I'm thankful that I'm still (mostly) in one piece.=)
Happy Thanksgiving!!
The first friend I made was Kevin. 10th grade, 16 like me. Sat across the room from me and walked out to our waiting rides after class each day. Kevin made it clear from the start that he intended to be the class clown. He was obnoxious, redneck, had a story for everything, but Kevin's one of those people that can laugh at himself, he doesn't really fit in but he's okay with who he is and pretty confident in that. I think he's just a normal teenage boy looking for attention in any way he can find and being 'class clown' got him that. We had class Monday through Thursday last week and then this week Monday and today was the last day. Yesterday when I walked into class the only kids there yet were Kevin and Nick and maybe a couple of the girls.
"Hey Anna! What's up?" Normal greeting.
"Hey Kevin!" I toss my blue folder full of drivers ed materials onto my desk, third back from the door and pull out my chair (Whoever created those chairs and desks... I'd love to get my chiropractor Dr. Woggan to give them a good hard talking to... they SUCK! lol) and seat myself.
"Guess what?" I turn back to Kevin,
"What?"
"I got a girlfriend!" His face is lit up by a giddy smile.
"She's from West Virginia!" Nick smirks.
"Really?" I ask, intrigued, Internet girlfriend? Was he there once? How did this happen?
"Well, yeah." Kevin seems a little hesitant and embarrassed by the announcement that his relationship is a long distance one.
"Cool. How'd you meet her?"
"She's Big Al's, girlfriend's, niece."
"Ahh I see! Cool! What's her name?" We've all heard stories about Big Al, Kevin's equally redneck buddy, who is apparently a good deal older then Kevin though I'm not sure how much.
"Yeah, her name is Katie Thorn." Later as we're walking outside I ask Kevin if he has a picture of her, of course his wall paper is her. =P She's pretty, blond, glasses, guess she loves hunting, fishing, mudding, Fords, Semis and big trucks as much as he does, even at 15. Sounds like a perfect match! I'm happy for him. Kevin is a great sport and I really enjoyed getting to know him a little bit.
Nick, little freshman blondie, 15 in December, you can definitely tell, loud and obnoxious and doesn't listen well! Got yelled at a lot for not paying attention, listening 'like a box of rocks'... (Okay Lisa doesn't yell she has the patience of a saint.) I didn't really talk to Nick much, he sat in the row of desks between Kevin's on the far side and mine by the door, right in the middle of the class room next to Manny. Nick annoyed me, quite honestly I'd get out to the car and say 'Oh my gosh Nick is so immature and annoying!' but the last two days I did talk to him a little and I realized I judged him a bit soon, he could be a lot of fun, just a normal attention whoring boy looking for acceptance I suppose.
Manny. 17 in December, another one of the boys I'd rant about. Too full of himself, cocky, loud, annoying... Okay he reminded me of Peter. He had this flip side, in control, a leader, mature, and really sweet and cool if he wanted to be. He and his sister Alisha were kind of the life of the class, 'teacher's pet's' of sorts... somehow they previously knew Lisa I think.
Alisha, I'm not sure how old she was, she must have been 16. Her birthday was last Monday and she brought cake. Alisha is the type of girl that's just like 'I'm me and if you don't like that, suck it!' didn't dress up or even wear that much make up if any. She was pretty funny. I really didn't like her at first, she's the time that's kinda a flirt and just too loud and out there and opinionated, but then I realized that I kinda did like her, she was pretty cool. The kind of person who doesn't mind trying new things and messing up, just kinda go with it, loosen up and live life, have fun. Realized watching her (and after some 'joking' comments from some dear people) that I really need to learn how to let myself have fun and just go with it!
Sheridan, long brown hair, big brown eyes, a cute face, that modest look that just screams 'homeschooler'. We didn't make friends until second week I think? Maybe third, but boy that girl can talk like nothing else. She's interesting too, not the type that just talks about nothing, or people... idle talk. She actually has things to talk about and a great imagination! Her family is Lutheran. She's your typical 'sheltered', fairly innocent homeschooler at 15, super sweet and funny. She sat in front of me. She loves reading. One day we discussed books with Lauren and Athena the two girls in the first row in front of Sheridan. Sheridan also writes. She let me read one of her stories she's working on, today and I loved it, definitely got talent. Great word usage, descriptions and very intriguing story line. We exchanged email addresses so we could keep in contact.
Lauren, extremely thin, short blond hair and a really sweet face was 14, and Athena a Native looking girl was 15. Besides the discussion about books...mainly Twilight and different TV shows, I didn't really talk to either of them but they seemed pretty cool.
In the last row on my side of the room, Sammi, almost 18 and pretty quiet and another tall, thin, blond girl (I didn't catch her name) who was 14 or 15 from Trek North shared a desk. The blond girl had a lot of smart comments for people, quite strong, she made me laugh. I wish I could have gotten to know more of the kids from my class 'cause a lot of them seemed like really cool and fun people.
On the far side across from me in the front row a red head girl who stayed mostly to herself except I saw her talk to Noah a few times and the girl who shared her desk, looked like a foreign exchange student or something.
Noah sat behind those two and in front of Kevin. He wasn't part of the main group of guys that almost made us lose our grand finale pizza party, but he would join in sometimes. I hardly talked to him, except in the end, another blond (Seriously I think my class was half blond! :-o) he was a little quieter but he still added his piece every now and then. He was 15 but looked and acted a little more mature.
I already covered Kevin, and in the two desks behind him sat a tall dark haired girl. Another red head chick and a girl with long curly light brown hair sat behind her. Those three could get pretty rowdy, almost as bad as Kevin, Nick and Manny. I think the two in the back were Maddison and Megan or something, not sure what the tall girls name was.
There were a few kids in and out making up a day they'd missed when their class was going, and another tall skinny blond kid who wasn't there the whole time, not sure what his name was. But those are the students...
Lisa deserves a gold star for being such an amazing teacher! She's funny, smart, patient, and really great at dealing with all the kids, and yeah being one of the kids too. =) One of the days she sat in the empty chair at my desk and was looking through a Medical Dictionary on my desk with some pretty graphic disgusting pictures of medical conditions and etc, (We were in some medical career room or something) got to talk to her for a while. She jumps at a picture of a spider... guess she REALLY hates them! =P Made me laugh. She definitely knows how to have fun and make class fun. Thank you Lisa for putting up with us all!! <3
More than learning about the laws and safety and techniques of driving and the road - I learned that you can really hate someone, sitting back and judging from their appearance, or just writing them off, that if you took the time to even have one decent conversation with you could really get to like!
So tomorrow I get to go in and take my written test, crossing my fingers that I'll pass it, I got 14 of 120 questions wrong on the final test in class so I'm not too scared I guess. And if I do pass the written test tomorrow, I'll get my permit so I'm pretty psyched. FINALLY! =)
Thursday I woke up at around 1 or something, yes in the afternoon, I'd been up a good portion of the night, Cherish Brown and I had made plans earlier in the week to go out for coffee that day since her mom was coming into town. I totally forgot about those plans, so Rachael came in and woke me up like
"Hey you have company."
"Oh my gosh I forgot all about that!" I had drivers ed at 3:15. So Cherish and I went in to Raphael's Cafe and Bakery for lunch, we had some coupons that expired that day so we used that and got lunch half price. After that we walked over to Cantabria for coffee. Had a great time with her.
Friday was Cjay's cousin, Mariah's birthday party, she's five now. Gosh, I love those children, Maria 7, Mariah 5, and Mason 2. Cutest kids ever! =) Angel drove me, and Maria not really paying attention runs over and gives her a hug like,
"Anna!" and ran back to whatever she was doing. Angel just stood there kinda awkward,
"I don't know you but, thank you." The adults all laughed and later when she realized she'd hugged the wrong person, Maria's like "Ahh you tricked me!" Needless to say, I had a very good Friday, between shopping with Angel and spending time with those children.
Today Jessica Smith, a second cousin on my mom's side who I haven't seen in at least four years, stopped in. It was really good to see her again! It wasn't very long, 1 - 3 because I had drivers ed, but we went out for coffee at Starbucks and then she dropped me off at the High School.
Tomorrow I have a feeling will be full of cleaning the house until it shines (okay not that dramatic) and baking and baking and baking some more. I'm usually in charge of pies and we usually a LOT! So we'll see what interesting varieties I can find this year, last year I made Banana and Coconut Creme, Lemon Meringue, this delicious peanut butter and the traditional, probably apple and Lizzy made her amazing pumpkin pie. I'll probably repeat most of those if not all again this year. =) Also besides cleaning and baking, Emily and Kalli will be coming tomorrow night and I can't wait to see them! Maybe I'll post some pictures of the whole holiday prep and celebration, no promises, only if I get my camera out and feel like it. =)
Thursday is Thanksgiving! We're counting on a pretty full house again this year, not, maybe, as full as some other years, minus a few people, plus a few people. My favorite Holiday besides Christmas and New Years... Okay that's like half the holidays but Thanksgiving really is probably nearly my favorite.
What are you all thankful for this year? What are your special family traditions or foods or plans for this year? Anything you're especially looking forwards to?
I've gotta say I'm thankful for the fact that I'm still breathing, by God's grace I have survived another day, week, month, year... I'm thankful for the friends that I have currently, for my sweet boyfriend, my family, all of my relationships, for the lessons life has taught me this year, and for the fact that I'm still here. This year has been a rough one but it's been a good one and I'm thankful that I'm still (mostly) in one piece.=)
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Sounds like an interesting class! So did you take it in Bagley then???
ReplyDeleteThe one I took in Bemidji at the HS was huge and had way more obnoxious people, so consider yourself lucky. Not to mention almost all of them had like just 14 and 15 so it was like the entire immature crowd :p But I still managed to make some friends and it was nice to have Faith there too :)
Glad it went well! Good luck on the test!! :)
Yes my class was very decent. :) It was at the Bemidji High School. I think besides me there were maybe 3 other that were 16ish or older the others were like you said 14 -15. But yeah it went well. :)
ReplyDeleteWow!! It will be sooo awesome when you have your licence! When you do, you need to come see me!!!! ~Lavina
ReplyDeleteI will be sure to do that Lavina!! :) Probably get my license end of May this Summer sometime hopefully I'll make it WI way! :)
Delete