Sunday, September 16, 2012

For the Beauty of the Earth

     My parents were discussing the trend of art depicting nudity, and whether it was painted pornographically or simply in appreciation of the beauty of the human form. My parents did not come to an agreement but it started a conversation between my cousin and me about art. She mentioned enjoying looking at the marble engraved horses and wishing she could paint or sculpt something like the human body half as beautifully as artists have through the years. When I was replying to her text, I started to think how much beauty and thought the Master Artist put into the universe, so much diversity and wonder. Every time I stop to think about it, it really takes my breath away, and the fact that God chose me and you and all the rest of this fallen race to enjoy and take care of His creation... I know I never would have! If I had made such a masterpiece, I would put it somewhere out of reach of all my children's grimy fingers and naughtiness so they couldn't ruin it, and yet God gives us grace even when we've made his beautiful world a place of sick perversion! The mind that it would take to create something so intricate and complicated and perfect... and yet it was nothing for God, six days. How can anyone look at the world and not believe He exists? I hope someday to meet the Artist of our universe.

1 comment: