Sunday, November 27, 2011

Individuality

One of my pet peeves is cliques! I hate where there has to be an 'in group'! I hate how people think that if they wear the right clothes, say the right things, act the right way... they'll be cool. Who has the right to judge what 'cool' is anyways? Everyone tries to be like 'such and such' 'cause she's the hot thing! But why should we all be the same? Why should I try to be just like you? I'm cool like me, my individualism makes me who I am and that's cool! God didn't create us all blond with blue eyes, 5'5" and slender with perfect skin... because what would be the fun in that? 
God created variety! And not just in people, think of the wide variety of animals, flowers, trees, etc. If all flowers were red poppies and all trees were oaks. If there were only black dogs and orange tiger stripe cats... wouldn't life be boring? We accept individuality in nature, why not in ourselves and others around us? People get made fun of for being 'different'! But if we were all the same, the world would be boring!
I love going to a store and watching people, old people, young people, tall and thin people, short, heavy people, blond haired people, dark skinned people, people with light skin... what would be the fun in watching those people if they were all identical? Each one of us was created different, and each was created in His image, thus we were created perfect! 
So before you compare yourself to someone else, or judge someone for being different, stop and think, what would the world be like without individuality? Each of us is unique, we've got our own laugh, our own eyes, our own build, our own personality, and each of us is perfect the way we were created! 


1 comment:

  1. Appreciate those good thoughts, Anna!! We are each designed to glorify God in our own way and by being fully who we were created to be. Diversity is a gift. I enjoyed the music video, too. Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete