Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Welcome Winter

Well, I didn't think I was quite ready for snow, and after the first snow melted off I was pretty happy, but as I sit here, little snowflakes floating lazily through the air, and being warm inside, I'm deciding, maybe it is time for the snow. 
There's something so cozy about snow! Snow means the holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, getting to see the relatives, sitting around reading, wood fires, hot cocoa. We get to bring out the winter things, boots and hats, scarfs, mittens and coats. 
With the snow comes sledding, skating, snowball fights, making snow men and snow angels! 
So I guess I'm excited about the snow in a way, as my cousin said, 
"It's November, this is Minnesota, it's about time it snows!" =) 
Here are some pictures I took yesterday when it first started snowing, the flakes were so big and fluffy and the snow was super wet and cold!
Winter is here! =)







 
Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

The little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely and dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
And miles go go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment