Dear Grandma,
Too often, we don't tell the ones we love how much we love and appreciate them
while they're still here with us, so I'm going to tell you now 'cause nobody know's
what tomorrow's gonna bring.
Mom's always said you're very gracious and hospitable. When I was younger, I didn't
quite understand what this meant, but last fall, when I was helping build your house, I
was staying for lunch and you already had several others, when one more of the crew
came in, I don't remember what he had with him, but you welcomed him in as if you
were expecting him, you quietly set an extra place for him and fed him. Grandma, I
admire your strong spirit, you're knowledge and grace, the way you've loved and respected
grandpa all these years, and I know it takes two to make the marriage, but I watch you
and even if you don't always agree, you always honor grandpa, if I ever get married
I want to follow your example.
Grandma, thanks for all the great memories too! Shopping with you and going
to garage sales, spending the night and all the little chats we've had, your wonderful orange salad
(it probably has a real name?) that you bring to the family get togethers, and the tea parties.
Grandma thanks for everything you've done for us grandchildren.
I love you!
Love,
Anna
Lovely Annie! Thanks for that tribute to G-ma! She is such a wonderful lady! :)
ReplyDeleteshe is!:)
ReplyDelete