Just witnessed a 'hit and run'.
We watch horrified as she steps off the shoulder. We shout across to her to stay where she is, the car speeds past and there's a loud crash. I half gasp, half scream as we see her body roll out from under the vehicle, she flops limp in the middle of the road. My feet break into a run, swallowing the distance, I call her name as I run, horrified by the scene I just witnessed. I get within a few feet and see the blood. She doesn't move, just lies completely still, eyes closed, body twisted. I turn and put my hands over my mouth, trying to breath.
"She's dead!"
I tell Aaron as he comes up. He looks at her and then looks like he's going to leave her.
"We've got to get her off the road!" I say.
He looks at me, I can see in his eyes that he doesn't want to, for a moment he hesitates, then he takes her by a back leg and drags her into the ditch.
All that's left as evidence of the 'hit and run' is a red stain on the highway and a white corpse blending with the snow in the ditch.

that was the worst thing i experienced in my life! :'( thanx for the post
ReplyDeleteI know right?! Sorry you had to be there!
ReplyDeleteI am SO SORRY you guys had to experience this awful thing!! It's still hard for me to believe that the driver didn't even have the consideration to slow down and check what he had hit... We'll miss her.
ReplyDelete