Note: wrote this father's day n didn't post it but every day should be a day to appreciate the ppl in our life so really it's fitting anytime :)
My mom has always told us children we have a good dad. She reminds us of his great qualities and strengths. Honesty integrity and diligence. He's set an example of being an upright and godly man. Its taken me most of my teenage years and a lot of healing to see these qualities in him.
For a while all I could see was his human qualities. But I'm finally to the point where I can look back and honestly be thankful for him. No one parents perfectly but he's been a good dad.
I regret the fights we had now, the horrible things I said at times, chaining him out of my heart. The years of time with him I lost.
Dad is a people person. He's good at taking time for relationships, including us.
Every year he has made a point to make time and money to bring us to the North Shore as a family. Dad is good at just forgetting the world and focusing on making memories with us during these trips.
Dad has been one of the best examples of believing in people I know. He always thinks the best of people even after they've let him down.
We had some really rough years but he never once gave up on me. He may not have always been there for his family like we thought he should but he's worked hard to give us the best life and I appreciate that.
Today, I am thankful for him being in my life. Happy fathers day dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment