Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Contrast is Beauty

     I hate death. I hate pain. I hate loss - and yet in the horrible ache of it all, there is beauty there amongst the ashes, like a single, delicate, wine colored rose on a grave, for in death, there's new life, in pain there is healing and in the loss there is gain. Even if it's not easy to see the beauty through the stinging blur of tears - in order to feel true, deep joy we need the pain as a comparison, and to appreciate gain, we must experience loss. to rejoice in new life we need to first experience the stinging loss of death - if there was only joy and laughter we would see only half the picture, to be complete in it's beauty, we need the mountains and the valleys, the darkness and the light, the tears and the laughter - contrast is what makes it beautiful.

--Anna Marie-- 
August 24, 2012

1 comment: