Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Storm

Just some pictures I took of the storm last night. 
I missed it because I was in Blackduck with Aaron and Carrie, they didn't get it nearly as bad there, though the lightning and thunder were pretty awesome! The winds were super strong, maybe 70-90 mph winds... and rain! Biggest storm in a while. There were tornado watches, and the possibility of quarter size hail. There was a curfew in Bemidji, from 11 PM to 6 AM, anyone found driving would be arrested, and a lot of power lines out. This is some of the damage to the woods around our place, thankfully none fell on the house or sheds. Others were a lot less fortunate than us. I was talking to a friend in Laporte and they don't have running water or electricity today. 
I wish I would have had my camera after the storm, the lighting was the colors of a peach sunset and then later the sky turned rich red. It was beautiful!













  






No comments:

Post a Comment