January 3, 2016
Yesterday I took my baby outside, he was being extremely whiny and clingy. Lately, he almost won't sleep if I'm not holding him. I can't figure out if it's teeth or he's sick, maybe both. Regardless, I bundled him up and brought him out to get some fresh air. He wandered around and explored until his cheeks were pink and we had to go in.He's getting so intelligent and catching on to things, learning to communicate his wishes and needs quite well! Everything painful is "hot". A while ago I was busy trying to do something and wasn't paying attention to him when all of a sudden I heard him whispering "hot hot hot hot" I turned around and he had my (lukewarm) coffee cup between his legs and he was looking at it exclaiming it to be "hot"!
He already has a terrible sweet tooth. He finds the bag of marshmallows and brings it to me... Last night I gave in and gave him one, he promptly crawled up on the couch and sat munching it contentedly.
He brings us so much joy, even when he wakes at 4:30 and keeps us up for an hour screaming... Or unrolls half a roll of toilet paper and dips his hands in the toilet... ;) I feel so so blessed to be this pumpkin's mama.
March 17, 2016
17 months today! Almost a year and a half has passed since that wonderful October morning I finally got to hold him in my arms! I just looked back at Jacoby Lee 3 from June 2015. My goodness he has grown since then! Those days seem just yesterday, not 9 months ago! He was so little and roly poly back then! He recently learned how to open doors *sighs*. The other night I thought I finally had him sleeping but as soon as I got into the bathroom I hear *rattle rattle* "Mom?" *rattle rattle*. He grins like he is God's gift to the world when he enters a room, especially the bathroom, like you should feel so thrilled to see him (which really I do agree with MOST of the time!) He thinks he is the funniest... probably my fault since I tell him he is frequently, and the most adorable. He always cheeses up all cute for selfies and he has developed quite the taste for his (dad's) morning coffee!
He is much too intelligent for his own good, and my own sanity at this point! I am begging God for wisdom as I watch him grow into a strong willed child like I was. I have gained so much respect for my mom, through this 17 month parenting journey I have so far lived through! :) He is my sunshine!
July 13, 2016
Jacoby will be 21 months on Sunday. It's hard to believe it's been nearly 2 years already. He's talking a lot! He learned "No" a day or two ago, he hasn't used it much though. :) He waves goodbye and blows kisses. He counts and then jumps. It's pretty adorable.
His current obsessions are boats, balloons ("boonta") and popsicles ("bops"). As I write this, he waits impatiently for me to blow up his 'boontas' which he will more than likely go step on and then come tell me sadly that they are 'broked'. *shaking my head*
Every time he enters a bathroom he immediately flushes and closes the toilet. He's pretty smart. He loves music! Any music but if he can dance and bob to it, it's better. He's working on growing out of 3T clothing currently. Finding him clothing is a real challenge!
He loves helping me cook, especially if he can crack the eggs. Eggs are his favorite breakfast, if it's not eggs he will hardly eat. He brings the eggs out, cracks them into a bowl and calls for a whisk to beat them with. He knows how it's done! :)
He's becoming more and more empathetic and caring and it is very sweet to watch him give kisses and hugs on his own initiative.
I often wonder what life would be like if Jacoby wasn't with us. I don't really wanna know.
<3 p="">buffalo?! My baby is 2 now, and he's over 3' and 40lbs. How did he get so big so fast? He can say almost anything he wants and is stringing words together. He goes to sleep in his own bed by himself now which has been a huge and wonderful change for everyone. He sleeps through the night now. He loves building houses and today he discovered Mr. Potato Head. It's his new favorite. He loves grandmas and knows where daddy, mommy and auntie works. He knows Luekens and Walmart and the mall and park. He's singing Jesus Loves Me almost by himself but his favorite is still Jesus Loves the Little Children. He loves coffee, his coffee is a tiny bit of creamer in milk but he doesn't know the difference yet. :P3>
I often wonder what life would be like if Jacoby wasn't with us. I don't really wanna know.
November 15, 2016
Why does time insist on rushing by like stampeding<3 p="">buffalo?! My baby is 2 now, and he's over 3' and 40lbs. How did he get so big so fast? He can say almost anything he wants and is stringing words together. He goes to sleep in his own bed by himself now which has been a huge and wonderful change for everyone. He sleeps through the night now. He loves building houses and today he discovered Mr. Potato Head. It's his new favorite. He loves grandmas and knows where daddy, mommy and auntie works. He knows Luekens and Walmart and the mall and park. He's singing Jesus Loves Me almost by himself but his favorite is still Jesus Loves the Little Children. He loves coffee, his coffee is a tiny bit of creamer in milk but he doesn't know the difference yet. :P3>
![]() |
| Skipping rocks by Paul and Babe |
![]() |
| Flossing his teeth and oh so proud ;] |
![]() |
| Taking over my homework...and my smoothie, hence the pink duck lips. |
![]() |
| That crazy hair and adorable face though. |
![]() |
| Trying on dad's new hat. |
![]() |
| This is his box. |









My heart just explodes with love when I see this punky boy's happy faces. He is loved more than he'll ever know and so are you! I celebrate you and your baby today!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteOh, I do love that dear boy and his precious Mama!
ReplyDelete