Monday, October 28, 2013

Being Happy

     I just got done ranting to mom about all the stresses in my life right now and finished up with,
   
     'All I do is complain, I used to be so much more positive, now I'm negative all the time!'

     I sat down at the family computer to figure out some things about school and accidentally clicked on a tab Sarah had up on Pinterest. Covering nature journals, on the marbled green and brown cover, a quote was printed,

     Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.

     I've been trying to tell myself 'happiness is a choice' for the last few months but it just doesn't seem to stick. But today I'm deciding, it's time to quit running from my problems, ranting about them doesn't help. I need to turn around and face them. Write them all down, sort them all through and find the answers instead of letting the problems drag me down. I need to stop running away from The Solution to my problems. It's time to see beyond the imperfections and choose happiness.
   

     

1 comment:

  1. So true!! I catch myself being pessimistic and cynical, when really, what I need to do is just realize that I Need to be happy. When I am happy I can help make people around me happy. It helps a lot!! I Love You, Anna!!!! ~Lavina

    ReplyDelete