Looks like once again I've neglected my blog!
January 16, I started working at Burger King. Always been my dream job and finally I got it! :P Jk it's not my dream job but the money has been really nice! I've pretty much done everything although I haven't done a whole lot of cooking, everyone says that's the best part, I'm not so anxious, they can go ahead I'll keep working front! :P I like my coworkers... most of them.. :) and my boss so far still likes me...despite the times I've been late or snowed in.
Speaking of snow, this stupid snow doesn't seem to wanna go. It keeps coming back every time we get anywhere close to spring, at least the temperatures have steadily been going up! It's about time for some REAL spring! With all the snow melting, our drive way has gotten pretty muddy. It's fun driving in now... no sarcasm intended, though most of my family members disagree on that one. ;) I think it's quite exciting.
Beginning of March, Cjay proposed after talking to dad, I said yes of course! :) We had talked about a summer wedding but agreed that waiting at least until next summer would be better, which is good, I got pretty stressed over the idea of planning a wedding in 3 months! Cjay's also hoping to join the Army, he's going to Fargo to register on Wednesday and if they will actually accept him, he'll be going to Basic Training Camp sometime and May for about 10 weeks, not sure where he'll be going after that but will be Active Duty, I"m not sure how much I'll get to see him over the next little while. It was quite the struggle for me to accept him going which caused enough fights for us. But I think I'm finally getting to the point where I"m genuinely proud of him, I'm still a little afraid and I don't like the idea of him being gone but I'm sure that will all work out just fine in the end.
It's only 6 weeks (from yesterday;) until I can finally get my license! I'm really excited! Also looking to buy a car by beginning of June.
I'm also planning on taking my ACT this spring and hoping to apply to some Universities, not sure where I'll go yet but I'm interested in a general English Major, something I could use for either teaching or business or something like journalism. UMD has a program like that that I was interested in but not sure if I want to go to Duluth. I'm glad I took the year off of school, it actually sounds half way exciting to go back to school this fall now.
About two weeks ago, a lady that comes into my work recommended the job she does, which is care for older people, bringing them to appointments, shopping, cleaning or laundry, or just spending time with them, whatever they need. She said it pays good and the hours are very flexible. Which if I could get the job I'd love. One of my managers put in her two weeks and is switching to a similar job through another company and one of my friends is working through another company that is also similar and loves it. So we'll see what happens with that. If I can't find a job like that, maybe once I get my license I'll be able to get more hours where I'm working now. About a month into my job I got a $0.50 raise but I still make under $8 an hour. Which is just fine right now, but a few more hours would be really nice!
Monday night is free bowling at the bowling alley here in Bemidji, Bubby was coming in and so he offered to bring Mimi and I, it was great spending some time with her and bowling was fun, even if we both suck! :P
This snow makes me want someone to cuddle up with, a hot drink and a movie! I like sweatshirt weather, but pretty sure, this is a little colder than that! lol Who else is ready for spring? T-shirts, flip-flops, beaches and natural tans! I think my skin is missing the sun too! lol Oh well, we just gotta keep believing and it will come eventually... I think... :)
January 16, I started working at Burger King. Always been my dream job and finally I got it! :P Jk it's not my dream job but the money has been really nice! I've pretty much done everything although I haven't done a whole lot of cooking, everyone says that's the best part, I'm not so anxious, they can go ahead I'll keep working front! :P I like my coworkers... most of them.. :) and my boss so far still likes me...despite the times I've been late or snowed in.
Speaking of snow, this stupid snow doesn't seem to wanna go. It keeps coming back every time we get anywhere close to spring, at least the temperatures have steadily been going up! It's about time for some REAL spring! With all the snow melting, our drive way has gotten pretty muddy. It's fun driving in now... no sarcasm intended, though most of my family members disagree on that one. ;) I think it's quite exciting.
Beginning of March, Cjay proposed after talking to dad, I said yes of course! :) We had talked about a summer wedding but agreed that waiting at least until next summer would be better, which is good, I got pretty stressed over the idea of planning a wedding in 3 months! Cjay's also hoping to join the Army, he's going to Fargo to register on Wednesday and if they will actually accept him, he'll be going to Basic Training Camp sometime and May for about 10 weeks, not sure where he'll be going after that but will be Active Duty, I"m not sure how much I'll get to see him over the next little while. It was quite the struggle for me to accept him going which caused enough fights for us. But I think I'm finally getting to the point where I"m genuinely proud of him, I'm still a little afraid and I don't like the idea of him being gone but I'm sure that will all work out just fine in the end.
It's only 6 weeks (from yesterday;) until I can finally get my license! I'm really excited! Also looking to buy a car by beginning of June.
I'm also planning on taking my ACT this spring and hoping to apply to some Universities, not sure where I'll go yet but I'm interested in a general English Major, something I could use for either teaching or business or something like journalism. UMD has a program like that that I was interested in but not sure if I want to go to Duluth. I'm glad I took the year off of school, it actually sounds half way exciting to go back to school this fall now.
About two weeks ago, a lady that comes into my work recommended the job she does, which is care for older people, bringing them to appointments, shopping, cleaning or laundry, or just spending time with them, whatever they need. She said it pays good and the hours are very flexible. Which if I could get the job I'd love. One of my managers put in her two weeks and is switching to a similar job through another company and one of my friends is working through another company that is also similar and loves it. So we'll see what happens with that. If I can't find a job like that, maybe once I get my license I'll be able to get more hours where I'm working now. About a month into my job I got a $0.50 raise but I still make under $8 an hour. Which is just fine right now, but a few more hours would be really nice!
Monday night is free bowling at the bowling alley here in Bemidji, Bubby was coming in and so he offered to bring Mimi and I, it was great spending some time with her and bowling was fun, even if we both suck! :P
This snow makes me want someone to cuddle up with, a hot drink and a movie! I like sweatshirt weather, but pretty sure, this is a little colder than that! lol Who else is ready for spring? T-shirts, flip-flops, beaches and natural tans! I think my skin is missing the sun too! lol Oh well, we just gotta keep believing and it will come eventually... I think... :)
Love you bunches! =)
ReplyDeleteLove you too!! :)
DeleteWOW!! Congratulations! You really should call me... I enjoy talking to you even though we don't do it that often. I love you girl!! ~Lavina
ReplyDeleteThanks Lavina! :) Yes I will have to one of these days. I enjoy talking to you too. Miss you! What have you been up to? You can always email me and I'll reply eventually though I"m pretty bad at that. Did you ever get my letter? Took me forever to get that sent out but thought I did.
Delete