This evening, someone had the idea that since dad was bringing home fruit we should get a gallon of ice cream to go with it. So we each paid a little and Lizzy drove a couple of us in to Jackstop (the gas station near us). Then dad came home with peaches and blueberries, the peaches weren't ripe so we had blueberries and ice cream, after dishing it, we all sat around the living room, children and adults both, mom not reminding the kids to 'eat in the kitchen' and dad told us animatedly about his day and how he had been blessed and how God had worked for him, turning his not so good day better. I sat listening to dad recount his day and looking around at each of my wonderful siblings and my parents and I thought, there are days I just want to get away, but when it comes down to it, when I leave, I'm going to miss this. Talking around the table after meals, sitting around the living room, going into town and everyone riding along, just to be together, sitting in the kitchen and talking about deep things and just goofing off while someone's doing dishes, or the 'bedroom parties that start out with mom coming to talk and pretty soon half the family is all there discussing something. And our family isn't anywhere near perfect, and sometimes it's hard to feel like loving and caring about each other, but it's memories made on nights like these that help to hold on through the rough spots in life.
I am very thankful for my wonderful family! Thank you for putting up with me and for all the fun times and the memories! I love you guys!
Precious evening! Wonderful to see it through your eyes. Thanks for being part of making the memories. BTW, I hadn't even noticed that I had let the little ones eat in the living room - lol!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for freezing all the blueberries with Rach! I love you! Mom
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLove this post and the memories! =) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYeah mom, I figured. :) Thanks Rachael.
ReplyDeleteLovely post, Anna! Those special times of family togetherness are certainly times to be treasured!
ReplyDelete