Friday, January 14, 2011

Damare

This afternoon, I was flipping through a WORLD magazine and I came upon a short clip about a 10-year-old Sudanese boy named Damare who had been sold as a slave. Damare was a Christian so one Sunday he snuck off to a church service. He was discovered and brought to a field where his owner nailed his hands and knees to a board and left him there to die. He was rescued though and later he said, "I forgive the man who did this to me. Jesus was also nailed [to a cross], and He forgave me." 
How is it that we with such small things to forgive seem to have a harder time forgiving, or is it just we don't hear about the struggle they go through before forgiving?

1 comment:

  1. Seems many times like Christians in other countries put us to shame!! Maybe they know the LORD in ways we haven't known yet. May we learn to be quick about forgiving the trivial little things we have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete